OnLive released The Darkness II to the marketplace as a PlayPass title. The game is priced at $49.99 in the US ($34.99 PlayPack) and £39.99 in the UK (£27.99 PlayPack). It looks like OnLive support from 2K Games is picking up as not only did 2K release The Darkness II on OnLive, they've also added Duke Nukem Forever to the OnLive PlayPack, and not long ago released Sid Meier's Civilization V and Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
The Darkness II is a psychological horror first-person shooter game published by 2K Games and developed by Digital Extremes.
Inspired by the popular comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions, Inc., The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that delivers a twisted and gripping narrative of tragedy, modern crime drama, and supernatural horror.
Players will be taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as The Darkness.
It’s been two years since Jackie Estacado, now the Don of the Franchetti crime family, used The Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend’s murder. He’s been unable to shake the memory of Jenny’s death since bottling up his supernatural power, and now The Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie’s life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war, which has clearly been orchestrated by some outside force. The botched attempt opens the door for The Darkness to reemerge, and sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse, as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of The Darkness itself.
- QUAD-WIELDING CHAOS - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- HARNESS AN UNSTOPPABLE POWER - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
- KILL THE LIGHTS - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- INTENSE AND PERSONAL JOURNEY - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- DISTINCTIVE GRAPHIC-NOIR STYLE - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
You can play the free demo and buy The Darkness II for the US powered by OnLive.
You can play the free demo and buy The Darkness II for the UK powered by OnLive.