POP: Methodology Experiment One
POP: Methodology Experiment One is an experimental indie game published and developed by Rob Lach.
POP: Methodology Experiment One is a game purposefully built in a way that explores a different approach to the typical game development pipelines. An experimental game in the most literal sense. POP: Methodology Experiment One was developed by first approaching the music and running with the first game concept that happened to emerge during that creative process (no matter how awful).
NOTE: This game features flashing lights and other stimuli that may result in epileptic seizures or seizure-like symptoms. If you experience dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, involuntary movement or convulsions, immediately discontinue playing this game and consult your physician.
So, anyone that experiences twitching and spasming on the floor like a fish on dry land when watching Japanese anime, like it happened to The Simpsons when they watched a Japanese cartoon in their Japanese hotel room, be warned.
The game currently only supports keyboard and mouse, but Rob Lach plans on potentially bringing controller support to the game as well.
You can play the free demo of POP: Methodology Experiment One for the US powered by OnLive.
You can play the free demo of POP: Methodology Experiment One for the UK powered by OnLive.
Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade
Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade is priced at $19.99 in the US ($13.99 PlayPack) and £19.99 in the UK (£13.99 PlayPack).
Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade is a historic real-time strategy game simulating trading, piracy, politics and economics. It was published by Kalypso Media and developed by Gaming Minds Studios.
You are a merchant in northern Europe in the late Middle Ages when the Hanseatic League was flourishing. Your goal is to rise to the most successful and influential member of the Hanse, ultimately being elected Elderman, leader of the trading league. You start bargaining with common goods, build up your own production and establish a merchant fleet. Later on, you will gain more and more political influence and even found new towns.
However, a Hanse merchant's life can also have its dark sides. On your way to power you have to hold your ground against fierce rivals, whom you have to fight with economic competition, price wars or impure means such as sabotage. Will you even engage in piracy?
- Become a powerful merchant - rise through the ranks using your increasing fame and wealth to shape towns from small villages to glorious capitals under your control.
- A complete strategic simulation - balance competing interests, trade routes, political turmoil, disease, weather, piracy and greedy royalty.
- Build an empire - construct buildings and hire workers, stimulating demand for common and exotic goods.
- Battle on the high seas - protect your ships from pirate raiders in realistic and exciting sea battles.
- Visually stunning - a powerful new graphics engine lets you visit bustling and realistically recreated medieval cities such as London, Novgorod, Cologne and Bergen.
- Friendly Interface and Gameplay - Players will enjoy a brand-new, user friendly interface that makes Patrician IV easy to play but challenging to master.
- Compose your own merchant fleet from historical ship models and research new types.
- Protect your fleet with armed convoy ships and take part in impressive naval battles against pirates and rivals.
You can play the free demo and buy Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade for the US powered by OnLive.
You can play the free demo and buy Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade for the UK powered by OnLive.