OnLive released the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion pack in a bundle with the base Sid Meier's Civilization V game. The Sid Meier's Civilization V Bundle is priced at $29.99 ($20.99 PlayPack), which means that you get the bundle for the price of the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion pack, as OnLive is running a launch promotion where you get Sid Meier's Civilization V for free in the bundle. This offer is valid until June 26, 2012. You can now also play Sid Meier's Civilization V if you are a subscriber of the OnLive PlayPack. OnLive UK gamers will have to wait until Friday, 22 June 2012 at 12:01 am BST to play both Sid Meier's Civilization V and Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
Sadly Sid Meier's Civilization V comes to OnLive without multiplayer and this is also true for the Sid Meier's Civilization V Bundle that includes the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion pack. It doesn't look like OnLive plans to enable multiplayer at a later date, as they haven't announced anything regarding multiplayer. On the bright side, OnLive has stated that they are working with the game publisher 2K Games to get all the add-ons that the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition has.
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sid Meier's Civilization V is a turn-based strategy 4X game published by 2K Games and developed by Firaxis Games.
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history's greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- Believable World - More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation - An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make.
- Huge Battles - Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape.The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History - Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy - Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
You can play the free demo of Sid Meier's Civilization V for the US powered by OnLive.
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings is the first official expansion pack for the turn-based strategy 4X game Sid Meier's Civilization V - the critically acclaimed 2010 PC Game of the Year. Both were published by 2K Games and developed by Firaxis Games.
This robust expansion covers the entire scope of time from founding your first Pantheon of the Gods and spreading religion across the world, to deploying spies in enemy cities in order to steal information and technology.
As you move through the ages, you'll interact with new types of city-states, engage in new city-state quests and global competitions, and master exciting new systems for land and naval combat. Civilization V: Gods and Kings also includes nine new civilizations, nine new wonders, three original scenarios, and dozens of new units, buildings, and techs that offer even more ways for players to expand their empire and dominate the world.
- Expanded Epic Game - The core game experience has been greatly expanded with the addition of new technologies (like Combined Arms), 27 new units (like the new 1-hex ranged unit Machine Gunner), 13 new buildings (like the Bomb Shelter), and 9 new Wonders. Additionally, there are even more new units and buildings included in the three new Scenarios.
- New Civilizations - The expansion delivers 9 new civilizations, such as Carthage, Netherlands, the Celts, and the Maya (it is 2012, after all), along with their unique traits, units and buildings. The expansion also includes 9 new leaders including William I, Prince of Orange, Boudicca and Pacal the Great.
- Religion - A righteous people will seek out Faith to found a Pantheon of the Gods. As your Faith becomes stronger, you can cultivate Great Prophets who build on these simple beliefs to create a religion that you can customize and enhance as desired. Are you tolerant of other religions or is this the one true faith? Are you focused on Gold, Arts or Military? Beliefs can even unlock custom buildings that only people of your religion can construct. Great prophets, missionaries and inquisitors help you spread your beliefs to other lands and gain the alliances of City States, and like-minded civilizations.
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage - Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties (or clandestine operations). As the religions of the world start settling in, and the world moves into the Renaissance, you unlock your first spy (with more to come). Send them out to establish surveillance of foreign cities, steal advanced technologies from your strongest or wisest competitors, or interfere with city-state alliances. All of your actions can have a diplomatic impact if discovered, so always tread carefully.
- Naval Combat - Your navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged. This means that no coastal city should be considered safe, and can now fall to a surprise naval attack. Additionally, all embarked units now have Defensive Embarkation, and can stack with a naval unit for extra protection. Add to this the new Great Admiral, and the high seas have become a much more dangerous place.
- New Wonders - There are 9 new Wonders with all new effects including Neuschwanstein, the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army, the Great Firewall, and the Hubble Space Telescope.
- City-States - Two new city-state types have been added (Mercantile and Religious) to bring all new advantages to the table. The city-state quest system has received a complete overhaul to decrease the importance of gold and add a whole range of new quests that further the narrative of the game, as well as make the diplomatic victory a more varied option. Ally with Marrakech to get access to their unique luxury resources! Vatican City and Jerusalem are holy cities that play key roles in the religious struggle.
- Three new Scenarios - INTO THE RENAISSANCE: Grow your medieval kingdom into one of the great nations of Renaissance Europe, fending off outside invasions from Mongols and Ottoman Turks and fighting the religious wars of the Crusades and Reformation! - FALL OF ROME: Play as either Eastern Rome or Western Rome trying to fend off the barbarians or as one of the barbarians themselves. - EMPIRES OF THE SMOKY SKIES: Build flying airships and huge tractor-like tanks from the unique tech tree of this Victorian science-fiction scenario, then spread your empire across the pre-industrial world.
- World Domination - The fight for world domination is now more dynamic than ever before. The Gods and Kings expansion features a reworked combat system and AI that puts more emphasis on a balanced army composition. The new system allows your lines to stand longer than they could before, so you, as a player, can make smarter tactical decisions without worrying about a single unlucky roll of the dice.
You can buy the Sid Meier's Civilization V Bundle for the US powered by OnLive.