Not long ago at E3 2012 OnLive teased us with a coming soon release for Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings. In a somewhat surprising move, not only did OnLive now release Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings in a bundle with the original Sid Meier's Civilization V, but they've also added the original Sid Meier's Civilization V game to the OnLive PlayPack. The OnLive PlayPack is now at 234 games and counting. OnLive UK gamers will have to wait until Friday, 22 June 2012 at 12:01 am BST to play both Sid Meier's Civilization V and Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
Sid Meier's Civilization V is a turn-based strategy 4X game published by 2K Games and developed by Firaxis Games.
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history's greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- Believable World - More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation - An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make.
- Huge Battles - Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape.The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History - Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy - Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
You can play the free demo of Sid Meier's Civilization V for the US powered by OnLive.